Here’s a fun post for you all out there. Here is a meme brought to you by Reads and Treats.
This week’s topic is blogging tips. Hmm… I wouldn’t classify myself as a “good blogger”. So, I don’t think I’m qualified for dishing out tips. I’ll try my best to sound like I know what I’m doing. Here’s my Top Five Blogging Tips:
- It’s okay to not post everyday–Seriously. Trying to crank out posts everyday is exhausting and will just wear you out. Plus, I found that I’m not a huge fan of bloggers that post everyday. It kinda starts to feel like spam. I try to only post about 1-4 times a week.
- Have a name for your blog that you like–yes, you want it to be attention grabbing and catchy, but you also should like it.
- Try to stick to a content theme–don’t post about everything under sun. It’ll be harder to obtain a hardcore audience that way. That doesn’t mean you can’t post about stuff outside your normal content every once in a while though. I like to do that, it gives your reader a chance to learn more about you.
- Consistency is good–readers like consistent posts. While I am terrible at this, try to create a posting schedule. I don’t think you need to stick to it religiously, but having some sort of schedule will help draw more readers in because they can count on you having something for them.
- Have fun–don’t make this a chore for you. I’m assuming that this is a hobby for most of you. That’s what it is for me, and if it’s not fun and is starting to feel more like a chore is it really worth doing?
DFTBA and feel free to add your two cents in the comments.